Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2012 New Year Resolution – Part I

The year 2011 is about to end. I clocked so far 1790km, with the few more week to go, I think I should concluding year 2011 with 1900km. It’s hard to belief when I looking back on my training and running. I completed 15 races (and 1 more next week) in year 2011, with 3 full marathons and 5 half marathons.  The experience on running is fantastic and it gave me the chance to see the city & town on foot. On races wise, although some time we have some limited medal to chase for, but ultimately your only competitor is yourself. We learned how to face the demon especially in long distance running, keep ourselves focused and not gave in. We learned how to plan and play the game of running, so we can had the most fun (or torture you may say) out of this activity.

Now, it is time to plan for next year. I more or less promised to myself and the family that I will only join the race once a month, so planning is very essential. Ultimately, I would like to:
1. Complete at least 4 Full Marathon (tentatively, SCKLM, RJM, PNM & PBIM)
2. Achieve sub-5 in a Full Marathon
3. Achieve sub-2 in a Half Marathon
4. Achieve sub-1 in a 10k race

I had put in some tentative plan on the races I wish to do next year (based on their 2010/2011 event date). There are still some blank to be fill up, but I am not in hurry to fill them up. You may not know if some very good events only come out last minutes.
Jan 2012
New Year Newton Challenge 25km
Feb 2012

Mar 2012
Brooks Half Marathon
Apr 2012
Bidor Half Marathon
May 2012

June 2012
Standard Chartered KL Marathon
July 2012
Seremban Half Marathon
Aug 2012

Sept 2012
River Jungle Marathon
Oct 2012
Putrajaya Night Marathon
Nov 2012
Penang Bridge International Marathon
Dec 2012
Malakoff KL

By doing this, I can also avoiding the depression feeling as the Up Coming Registered Events list get depleted towards the end of the year. I don’t know about you, but I felt the emptiness after a big event passed. I need some other thing to look forward and I can focus myself to move on.

By putting up the planning, I can also do better financially. I am thinking of doing Standard Charted Hong Kong Marathon in year 2013, and bring my family to visit the Disneyland when I am doing my marathon. I need to start saving money for the trip now :P

Yup, I described my targets. Part II will be about how to achieving it. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Great plan, Neoh!

    And have fun achieving it. You've done so much so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best in achieving those targets Neoh. With all the training you've been doing, you'll hit those targets in no time :D

    I'm also planning on which races to take part in next year and am going to try to keep them to races 21K and above to maximize the race entry fees ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good list, ada 4 marathons I can see there. All the best for you in 2012 bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! Great plan will ensure I can enjoy the running to the max :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Neoh..pretty awesome results you have there. Only this year alone you have 1900km!! Great job..All the best for next year's run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Pang!
    See you in these races if you planned to run in any of the events :)

    Btw, heard that Bidor Half Marathon will stop for a year. Will need to find another race in April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Neoh,
    Sure..I plan to run in most of the major races. And indeed our running path will cross in some of the races :) Say hi if you overtake me :) Let's enjoy running!

    ReplyDelete