Monday, November 10, 2014

Preparation for APBIM

It was not in my plan to run in Penang Bridge Marathon this year. I stayed at the side line for very long time and only consider register after the organizer announced the route. Not really about the race, but I don’t like the crowded route on the bridge after merged with other categories (refer to 2012 experience). And I decided to register after looking into the final race day program and the route. The majority of the participants (at 10k and fun run) will be separated from the FM and HM, and HM too separated into 3 starting times. This will ease the crowd on the bridge.
To be frank, after the SCKLM, the fatigue of the training lingering and wont go a way until today. I didn’t run much since then, mostly 5k on weekdays and often skipping the weekend long runs. The excuse I used will often be the FR910XT not around, rainy morning and etc., but deep in my heart I knew that’s the withdrawal syndrome/depression from a major race. The more preparation and anticipation you had with the race, the longer it stayed. I spent about 7 months to prepare for SCKLM, hence I guess I will continue to suffer from it for may be another week or two. Some good about this, is the body is now well rested. For the unfinished sub 4 target, I will just convince myself that all the required training is completed. The body is well prepared to run a 4 hours 5.5min pace to finish that business. Now, you just need to do it this Sunday morning.
Meanwhile, like it or not, today marked the starting of my new 18 weeks training to Seoul International Marathon on 15 Mar 2015. Seriously I am waiting for the GF910XT to return so that I can bang on those speed intervals. The target this time – 330. If you are interested to run a full marathon in cold weather (10-15degC), flat course, reasonable fees (USD40, in 2014) and finishing in 1988 Olympic Stadium, mark your calendar and registration will start in early December.

4 comments:

  1. All the best and enjoy APBIM.

    And Seoul Marathon too. Will there be a ballot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As per my understanding, this race is big enough (20k pax) and not as hot as those in Japan hence still first come first served.

      Delete
  2. Good luck in Penang Neoh. I'm sure you'll still have the momentum to achieve your goals. Looking forward to seeing another PR from you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having faith on me, but I am not very sure about myself :P

      Delete