Friday, August 30, 2013

RJM Preparation

In less than 50 hours, I will be running my 10th marathon in Hulu Langat. Looking back on my training record, I should be ready to handle the distance, but the sub-5 target will still be questionable. And I am kind of nervous cause this is only the 4th race in 2013, my last race was Island Ocean Marathon in Langkawi (in April, official) and Seremban Half Marathon (in July, bandit). Anyway, as promise to myself, I will give my best and push to the end.
New Route
Elevation Profile

This year will be the 4th River Jungle Marathon, and its my 3rd times running in this race. Due to some road repair work, the race route will be diverted and we are now making the first U-turn only after 15km, and the scene Bukit Hantu 3km ascent plus 2km descent is skipped. I don’t know what to expect on this route, but looking at the elevation profile, my game plan will need to break into respective stretches.
It will be a slow start with 7:15 pace all the way to the first peak, I will then speeding down the descent and repeat that when the next ascent/descent hit. If everything according to plan, I will still have few minutes to spare. The key to achieve my sub-5 plan will be the last 12.5km. I will write this plan on my palm and try my best to stick to it during the race. We shall see.

I will also pack my TG-2 for this race. Hope to take some good pictures in this scenic route. And it will be useful tool to distract myself from focusing too much into my tiredness during the race.

Found this inspiring song, suit for my spirit to aiming for my sub-5 target.

See you guys at the starting line "today" :)

4 comments:

  1. All the best for you and your quest Neoh. You will hit sub5 soon! :)

    See you on Sunday at RJM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best and here's looking at that sub-5. If you don't get it here, we'll get it together during SCKLM :D

    ReplyDelete