Monday, May 30, 2011

NB Pacesetters 15KM & Seremban Half Marathon

This coming Sunday will be the PACM NB15km at Putrajaya. PACM arranged race kit collection at Sunway Pyramid N-Concept last Sunday (29/5). Its good option for me to collect the race kit collection at a near by place, so I don’t need to drive all the way to Putrajaya on 4/6. Btw, Sunway Pyramid is a famous shopping mall with terrible parking problem, and it’s also a shopping mall that will not be too full inside (you won’t feel the “packed” people inside the mall like 1-U and Mid Valley) even if its parking are full and overflowed. I imagined lots of fellow runners whom wish to collect their race kit faces parking problem there. The one tip to find a parking over the weekend, is to arrive before 11am, else you will need to loop yourself to the old parking wing (which accessible from the Asian Avenue wing).
Running Vest for NB Pacesetters 15km 2011

I collected the cool looking white color running vest with my bib number and timing D-Tag. Not many people there for the collection, but I am in hurry as my two children are will me, I think I missed the Information sheet for the event. The lady at the counter do told me that the race will start earlier at 6:30am (instead of 7:10am, on the original schedule), and subsequently En. Rustam confirmed this on PACM Facebook group. The white color running vest is very nice, but it also has the “see through” effect :p


Training mileage, km/week

I had rested for the pass 4 days again as wife went for vacation and I am taking care of the two children alone at home. Seriously thinking of early morning wee hour run, but dropped that one as I will be too exhausted on day time to take care of them. So, in general, my adherence to May training schedule is very lousy, only achieved 63.5% of the training goal. Tomorrow will be the starting of my June schedule, 57km per week. Hope I can log at least 50km per week for the whole June.







Today, I also registered for the Seremban Half Marathon. I found out from the form that we can actually register at PJ area. So I visited the Antah Health Care Group office (Google Map location) during the lunch time. They just started the registration so the PIC (Ms Jenny) is not ready, she is very nice and quickly get all the race kit and goodie ready for me.

Race kit for Seremban Half Marathon
This is also the first time I got all my race kit (cotton T-shirt, bib number and other goodies) upon register, and the race will only happen 24/7. If everything on plan, this will be my 3rd half marathon after KL and Ipoh. Btw, both Ipoh and Seremban half marathons will have limited 250 finishers medal; it will take some effort to really push myself to get those medals.

Finally, my July race calendar is filled. See you in these race and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment